Our Founding Director Lucie is a self-proclaimed fermentation geek who switched dairy for plants!
Born in St. Martins Hospital in Bath, she studied Biology at Bath University before flourising into a successful career with roles as a technical manager, quality manager, food technologist and specialist cheese consultant, during employment spanning 15-years - often leading teams under Grade-A BRC standards.
Lucie worked for two Cornish dairy cheesemakers whilst slowly but surely becoming more and more fascinated and inspired by the process of fermentation (coffee, wine and chocolate all included)! Inspired by Rachel Demuth, Lucie started teaching fermentation workshops at Demuth’s Cookery School a few years later.
Lucie founded Bath Culture House in 2016, selling bottles of kombucha to independent health food shop Harvest Natural Foods, in Bath. Since then, the business has grown slowly but surely, with Lucie going full-time in 2018 and the business investing in a refrigerated delivery van in 2021 and a walk-in fridge in 2022.
Bath Culture House now supplies around 80 retailers, (mainly in the South West) with various natural flavours of handmade beet kvass, kombucha, sauerkraut and kimchi. We're proud to be a Great Taste Producer, as verified by the Guild of Fine Food. To date Bath Culture House has won 6 Great Taste awards and 5 Taste of the West Gold awards!
Having started solo, Bath Culture House now employs 8 members of staff, proudly, as a Living Wage Employer and a proud Silver Member of Taste of the West. We work 6 (or 7!) days a week fermenting, tasting, jarring, labeling, pouring, sealing, packing, delivering, cleaning and experimenting. It’s hard work, but so worth it as we are fortunate to have some amazing customers who we know and love; many of whom rely on us to improve and maintain their gut health and microbiome.
Lucie's dream was always to combine her inner geek with her love of cooking, producing tummy loving live foods. She is proud that her dream is now a reality.If you haven’t tried our products before, why not give them a go?
We're a Great Taste Producer, a Living Wage Employer and winner of 5 Gold awards at the Taste of the West awards 2023.
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.