Creators of award-winning artisan British Charcuterie, fine savoury biscuits, genuine British Rum and gin, and Cheese made on site here at Norton Barton Artisan Food Village. All products are made by hand using the finest Cornish ingredients, where possible.
Richard and Fionagh Harding planned to move to a small farm with a few acres, but ended up falling in love with a 350-acre farm nestled on the North Cornish coast which needed a business to make it work, so they founded Cornish Charcuterie. Their soft and hard British charcuterie is crafted by hand using the finest ingredients. Their range includes both classic, traditional flavours and more unusual varieties such as seaweed and cider salami, specially made to evoke the flavours of Cornwall.
Alongside their charcuterie, their Popti Savoury Thins are delicious savoury biscuits, carefully made in small batches using all natural ingredients to a secret recipe that results in crisp biscuits which last! They aim to use as many local ingredients as they possibly can including fine flake Cornish Sea Salt and Cornish Seaweed's dulse. Popti also produce a fantastic Biscuits for Cheese range, four varieties of crackers aimed to be paired with different cheeses - the perfect accompaniment to your cheeseboard. Fionagh's biscuit range was also born out of the bakehouse with original sourdough, seeded sourdough and buttermilk varieties.
On the same farm, you can find The Cornish Distilling Company. Richard and Fionagh were interested in distilling at their farm in North Cornwall, and so teamed up with Tom Read to create The Cornish Distilling Co. Tom's PhD in biochemistry stood him in good stead, and as Head Distiller he leads the process with everything produced by them in their Bude distillery right from fermentation of the molasses through to bottling. They are proud to be one of only a handful of distilleries across the UK who create their rum from scratch, and the first to do so in Cornwall. Fermenting themselves, although time consuming, gives them more control over the flavour of the rum. What they have created is a range of truly special and authentic Cornish rums. Alongside the magnificent rum the Distillery has created a handful of specialty gins, their most famous being Bude Gin with is reminders of seaside memories.
Finally we have our own dairy on site - Whalesborough Cheese. With many award winning products such as Trelawny and Smuggler these quintessential Cornish cheeses really are to die for.
Their products have received critical acclaim since the company began, winning awards in both the Taste of the West and Great Taste Awards.
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.