Bakewell Quinoa Salad
This is a lovely summery salad that makes great use of the cherries that are in season. It has a satisfying crunch from the almonds and is full of salty and sweet flavours that compliment each other perfectly. Great as a side with a BBQ and leftovers make a nice lunch!
- 240g quinoa
- Vegetable stock
- 350g cherries
- 1 pack of rocket (about 70g)
- 70g feta
- 30g flaked almonds
- 30g whole almonds (roughly chopped)
Tip: roasting the whole almonds gives a deeper flavour. Put them in the oven at 150oC for 20 minutes, tossing halfway, until they smell amazing. Only try this with whole almonds, flaked almonds will burn.
For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. organic honey
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water for a minute or so.
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable stock according to pack instructions. I cook mine for about 15 minutes.
- When it’s done, rinse the quinoa again under cold water to cool it down and stop it sticking together. Set aside.
- In a dry pan, toast the almonds on a medium heat for a few minutes until they turn golden and smell great. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to half the cherries and take the stones out.
- Put the cherries in a large bowl with the quinoa, the rocket and the feta and use salad spoons to mix everything together.
- To make the dressing, mix all of the dressing ingredients together and shake to combine- an empty jam jar is always useful for this. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and stir to combine so everything is coated well. Taste the salad and add more salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds on top before serving.
#Food & Drink #summer salad #quinoa #Recipes & Meal Ideas #healthy recipes #healthy salad #quinoa salad #cherry recipes #almond recipes #gluten free salad #gluten free recipes #vegetarian recipes #vegetarian salad
mouth-watering to share?