Dippy Eggs with Pimped Up Soldiers
When I was little I used to love soft boiled or 'dippy' eggs with soldiers. These days I'm gluten free and try and start the day with at least one portion of veg. Depending which is in season, asparagus or purple sprouting broccoli both make an excellent, nutrition packed alternative to dip in your egg. It's great with or without, but the addition of salty Serrano ham is a decadant treat.
I also add some kale, with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar to get my greens in.
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices or Serrano or Parma ham
- 6 asparagus spears
- 2 handfuls of kale
- Quickly blanch the asparagus in boiling water
- Drain and wrap each spear in a long thin slice of ham
- Soft boil your eggs to your desired 'dippiness'
- Whilst, the eggs are boiling boil or steam the kale and dry fry the wrapped asparagus (if your pan sticks you can add a little oil, but I find the fat from the ham is sufficient)
- Take the tops off your eggs and serve with your soldiers and kale. I like a little drizzle of balsamic on my kale.
ALLERGIES// Contains egg, may contain sulphites depending on the brand of ham you use. Dairy free, Gluten free, Soya free, Nut free.
Low FODMAP// Asparagus is high in FODMAPs therefore substitute for purple sprouting broccoli if you're following a low FODMAP diet
STORAGE// Best eaten fresh. Can easily be doubled.
#Food & Drink #breakfast #Gluten free #clean eating #greens #dairy free #Recipes & Meal Ideas #brunch #gf #eggs #veggies
mouth-watering to share?