Choc Orange Bliss Balls
Have you joined the bliss ball party yet? These super speedy little healthy treats are a brilliant alternative to shop bought cereal bars or chocolate when you're craving something sweet or pre/post workout for an energy boost. The flavour possibilities are endless too, as long as you combine enough dried fruit (I like medjool dates best) to bind everything together.
I'm always experimenting with new combinations and some of my favourites are; raw cacao and almond, peanut butter and maca, red velvet and these chocolate and orange bliss balls. These little balls are completly free from refined sugar as they are sweetened naturally from the dates and apricots. The orange flavour comes from zingy orange zest. I always like to add a pinch of good salt to counter the sweetness a little and add extra depth to the flavour.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 6 medjool dates
- 6 organic dried apricots
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dessicated coconut
- Zest 1 orange
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Add the almonds to your food processor and blitz until you get a crumb.
- Add all of the other ingredients and blitz again. The mixture should be wet enough so that it sticks together when you form it into balls.
- Roll into balls and then coat in some more desiccated coconut.
For more delicious and super healthy plant based recipes check out my website or my Instagram feed for daily breakfast inspiration.
mouth-watering to share?