Spinach, Mushrooms, Cheese and Wild Smoked Salmon Frittata
The frittata is an easy recipe to satisfy your pizza cravings that can be served as a main dish for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. The possibilities are endless since you can pretty much add anything you like. One of my favorite flavour combinations is mushroom, spinach and cheese...I love it! To make it even more decadent, I added some wild smoked salmon. Need I say more? Check out the recipe!
- 1 whole egg
- 5 egg whites
- 100 g goat cheese
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 100 g wild smoked salmon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat a pan to medium heat, saute the mushrooms and baby spinach in olive oil for a few minutes until soft. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Mash the goats cheese with a fork then add salt (if your cheese is not salty enough), pepper, and oregano to taste, and the smoked wild salmon
- After the sauteed vegetables have cooled off, add them to the egg mixture
- Pour the filling into a pie dish / iron skillet / cake tin, either sprayed with cooking oil or covered with parchment paper and place in the oven
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. The frittata will rise in the oven, but will eventually back down, after you remove it from the oven
- Slice it and enjoy, while still warm
So, what do you say? Will you give it a try? Get in touch with me if you need any more information or if just to say hi!
mouth-watering to share?