Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I absolutely LOVE peanut butter cookies, though they're usually packed with nasty chemicals. Here's my easy, quick and all-natural recipe for some chewy, tasty (and healthy) peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
- 2/3 cup (58g) rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- A handful (about 6 medium) chopped dates
- In a medium bowl mix the oats, cinnamon, and baking soda together.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the peanut butter and dates until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and slowly mix until everything is combined. (Depending how thick and/or cold your peanut butter is, you'll have to use some arm muscles.)
- Scoop the dough (one heaped tablespoon) onto a lined baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes and pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown but still a bit squidgy (trust me they're better squidgy)
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Add in some dark chocolate chips if you want to make them really indulgent.
Let me know if you try this recipe! If so, leave a comment below. I'd love to hear your suggestions and ideas.
mouth-watering to share?