Healthy Chocolate & Banana Pancakes
For those who know me personally or follow my blog/ social media accounts, you'll know that I LOVE pancakes! I've never heard of anyone that doesn't like pancakes - I mean, there's no such thing as a bad batch of pancakes. I'm constantly experimenting around with different flavour combinations but you can never beat the trademark banana and chocolate combo!
So with no further ado, here's my recipe for the best pancake stack ever: my healthy chocolate and banana pancakes.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, blended to form a flour
- 2tbsp flour e.g. buckwheat
- 1tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg (vegan substitute: flax egg, 1tbsp flaxseed and 3tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1tbsp stevia/ sweetener (such as lucuma)
- Splash of water
- Combine the dry ingredients in a deep, medium-sized bowl, leaving a well in the centre of the bowl.
- Pour all the wet ingredients into the centre of the bowl where you made a well in the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until the batter is well-combined, smooth of lumps and fairly thin.
- Heat a small blob of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat.
- Pour batter (I use three flat tablespoons but it will differ according to the size of your pan) onto the centre of the pan while swirling the pan’s handle, using a circular movement of your wrist, to cover the base and create a thin pancake.
- Wait until bubbles appear on the top side of your pancake (approx. after a minute) before flipping over with a spatula.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter until all your pancakes are cooked.
- Layer up the pancakes, filling with fruit slices and serving with banana ice cream.
- Top with your favourite toppings & ENJOY!
mouth-watering to share?