Superfood Carrot Cake Loaf
I just love a good loaf cake, especially when it’s good for me! Cuppa tea, nice chunky slice…. Perfect way to end the working day, or as a pick me up elevenses on a Saturday, oh and not to forget a Sunday afternoon movie accompaniment. OK, basically any time works for me.
Made with health-boosting rapeseed oil, theres no butter in sight and due to the brilliance of agave syrup, there’s no refined sugar either. In fact really this is just fruit, seeds and carrot. But man does it taste good. Oh and did you know carrots are full of a little miracle worker called Luteolin which has been found to prevent memory loss and depression too! I know! Healing and stuffing your face full of cake, great right?!
Prep Time: 20 Min, total time: 1 Hr
- 75g mixed seeds
- 75g Sultanas or cranberries
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 3 tbsp of fresh orange juice
- 3 carrots (grated)
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 75g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 75g wholemeal self-raising flour (gluten free preferably)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Sift flour, allspice, baking powder, flax seed and ginger into a large bowl.
- Add the grated carrots, sugar, sultanas and mixed seeds. Mix together.
- Add the beaten eggs, oil and orange juice. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and level the surface.
- Sprinkle some extra seeds over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until skewer inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
mouth-watering to share?