Delicious Ways to Use Cacao Nibs
Have you tried cacao nibs? This powerful ingredient can be used in all type of cooking and foods including hot drinks, smoothies, cakes and cereals. The nib is simply the name given to smaller chopped up pieces of cacao (cocoa) beans without their shell.
Unlike the processed chocolate we usually buy from the shops, cacao nibs are a good source of nutrients such as antioxidants, flavonoids and magnesium. So as well as being a handy ingredient, they’re really good for us too!
Here are some delicious ways to use cacao nibs:
- Chocolate Chips! - It may seem obvious, but they are great for replacing sugar filled chocolate chips. Sprinkle cacoa nibs on pancakes, muffins, cakes and cookies for flavour and texture.
- Smoothies - Add cacao nibs to your smoothies to add even more nutritional value and some natural sweetness. We love sprinkling them as a garnish too!
- Coffee - Grind cacao nibs into your coffee before brewing for a healthy mocha.
- Eat Them Raw - Literally straight out the pack, yum!
- With Fruit - Add cacoa nibs to a bowl of greek yoghurt, berries and honey for a guilt free dessert or breakfast. Breakfast They taste great with porridge, weetabix, granola… pretty much any cereal you have in the morning. They’ll also give you a natural energy boost for the day ahead.
- Hot Chocolate - Heat and strain the nibs with almond, soy or a milk of your choice to make a healthy hot chocolate without the added calories.
- Salads - Throw a handful in your salads for an added sweet taste!
- Baking - Add them to brownies, cupcakes and any other cakes instead of nuts to keep the crunchy texture.
There are loads of delicious ways to use cacao nibs. These are some of our favourites, but we’d love to hear yours too! Let us know if you have any suggestions below.
mouth-watering to share?