Fruity Oat & Peanut Butter Power Cookies
These super tasty, super healthy bites of goodness are absolutely ideal for a post workout snack or breakfast on the go. Made from simple, clean ingredients including oats, nut butter, dried fruits, chia seeds and protein powder, they contain the right balance of complex carbs, protein, fibre and healthy fats to support your body after putting it through its paces.
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used Mornflake)
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup dried fruits (goji berries, sultanas, cranberries)
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I used Kaizen Living)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I used PhD Nutrition)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I used Whole Earth Foods 3 Nut variety)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease and line a flat baking tray.
- Put the rolled oats, dried fruit, flaked almonds, coconut, chia seeds, flaxseeds, protein powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Add the mashed banana.
- Melt the coconut oil, honey and nut butter on a low heat for a couple of minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla extract and mix well, until it all sticks together.
- Divide into 12 balls and place on the baking tray, leaving space between them. Use a fork to gently press each one down and shape so they are circular. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days - if they last that long, that is!
mouth-watering to share?