Asian Noodle & Kale Pesto
I am a massive fan of homemade pesto! The simplicity of it, the way you can consume a whole bag of veg in one hit in such a tasty way and the fact that it marries so well to many a dish. But as fabulous as those classic options are, (salmon and pesto, pasta and pesto to name but a few), when I'm a need of a bit of spice in my life they just don't quite his the spot. So to work I got in creating a pesto / asian fusion dish and this delicious dish is just that.
The combo of cashews and kale means your still looking after your beautiful brains and bodies but at the same time giving your taste buds and digestive system a kick start with the ginger, lime and chilli. Dare I say it, but I think this has definitely won it's self a spot on my top dish list!
Oh and just to really add the cherry on top the noodles are nutritious too; Cellophane noodles are naturally gluten free and Soba noodles are made from buckweat flour. So I leave that choice to you.
- 250g of kale
- 50g of cashews
- 1/2 red chilli (de-seeded)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 1 lime
- 1 cm piece of ginger
- 200g of cellophane or soba noodles
- Get you kettle boiling for the noodles
- In a food processor place juice of half the lime, the ginger, oil, soy sauce, kale and 3/4 of the cashews. Blitz until forms pesto consistency
- Pour boiling water over the noodles and cook as per packet instructions
- Roughly chop the remaining cashews and cut the remaining lime in half
- Drain the noodles and mix in the pesto sauce
- Serve with cashews sprinkled over the the top and the quarter piece of lime on the side
mouth-watering to share?