Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
A much more guilt-free version to shop-bought cookies, and they taste amazing! This recipe uses homemade almond flour, it's super easy to make and packed full of health benefits, much better for you than normal flour as you get all the nutrients and minerals from these tasty nuts. Plus it gives your cookies a slightly nutty flavour - which is never bad.
An effortless recipe that's doesn't disappoint on taste, here are my favourite gluten free chocolate chip cookies...
- 3 cups of almond flour (I made my own by blending whole amonds in a blender until fine)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs (1 large egg + 2 large egg whites)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 0.25 cup of honey (you can use maple syrup as well)
- 0.50 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven at 375ºC
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
- Beat coconut oil and honey in a large bowl with a whisk for about 3 - 4 minutes (until creamy)
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla extract and whisk for a further 2 minutes
- Add the almond flour mixture to the egg mixture until blended
- Add chocolate chips just until blended
- Drop tablespoons full on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with a spatula if traditional cookie appearance is desired
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes or until golden brown
- Store in an airtight container
I can't get enough of this gluten free recipe taken from the BeachBody's Fixate cook book, and I'm sure you won't either after seeing how easy they are to make and how great they taste. As a guide, I made a third of this recipe and it worked just as well and I managed to squeeze out 8 cookies. Let me know how they turn out!
mouth-watering to share?