Minced Pie Muffins
Everyone loves mince pies, and everyone loves muffins - that's why we changed a Christmas classic to a sweet and satisfying treat that will go down well with everyone this year. It's super easy to add a touch of mulled wine and festive spices just by using a small amount of our concentrated spice drops!
Prep time: 45 mins. Cooking time: 25 mins
- 225g self-raising flour
- 8 drops of Mulled Wine Spice Drops
- 175g butter, at room temperature
- 175g soft light brown muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100ml buttermilk
- 150g mincemeat
For the icing:
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 6 drops of Clove Spice Drops
- 6 drops of Cardamom Spice Drops
- Silver balls for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line muffin tins with paper cases.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for 3–5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing continuously. The mixture might look split at this stage, don't worry about it.
- Fold in the flour and mix.
- Add the buttermilk and beat well.
- Add the Mulled Wine Spice Drops and stir once again.
- Place a spoonful of the cake mix into each paper case.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoon full of mincemeat over the mixture and cover with another spoonful of the cake mix.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool. While the muffins are cooling, prepare the icing.
For the icing: Whip the cream and brandy together till it makes soft peaks. Add the Clove and Cardamom Spice Drops and mix once again. To decorate, pipe the cream mixture and make swirls on the muffins and decorate with silver sugar balls to give a festive touch.
mouth-watering to share?