Festive Squash and Parsnip with Brown Butter
Roasted veggies are just roasted vegetables, right? Well they don't need to be, spruce them up with different flavours, spices and ingredients to make it seem like a completley new dish each time. Here we've created a sweet, yet satisfyingly savoury side that tastes could enough to be eaten on it's own!
It's easy to turn a meal into a festive one by using a selection of our Spice Drops; adding cinnamon, cloves and ginger amongst the orange juice will create a spiced Christmassy dish. Try topping with pumpkin seeds for added goodness and crunch!
Time: 45 min
(Serves 4 to 6)
- 500g butternut squash washed and cut into wedges
- 500g parsnips, peel and cut into halves
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 drops of Ginger Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Cinnamon Spice Drops
- 6 drops of Clove Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Pepper Spice Drops
- 1/2 fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Arrange the squash and parsnips in a single layer on a baking sheet
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, add the butter. Wait until the butter starts to turn a light brown colour
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour half of the butter over the squash. Reserve the rest of the butter
- Sprinkle the squash with the brown sugar and maple syrup and season with salt and pepper
- Put the tray in the centre of the oven and bake, undisturbed, for 20 minutes
- In the orange juice add the Ginger, Cinnamon, Pepper and Clove Spice Drops. Mix well and drizzle over the vegetables
- Place it back in the oven for another 15 minutes. When done, drizzle with the remaining butter
- Transfer into a plate and serve.
mouth-watering to share?