Lemongrass Chicken Satay with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
Ditcht the Friday night takeaway and start from scratch. This version of satay chicken is much healthier, tastier and there are no hidden nasties! Peanut sauce is quick and easy to make, adding an abundance of healthy fats and Omega 3 to what is actually a pretty clean meal - as long as you don't go adding prawn crackers...
Set aside some time for marinating your chicken to really bring out the flavours, but if you're strapped for time then it will still fail to disappoint you. This dish is a lot more stress-free with the use of Spice Drops - concentrated extracts of herbs and spices to add to meals, drinks and even for baking. Just add a couple of drops to enhance the taste of your meal and still benefit from all the goodness.
Total Time: 15 min + marination time.
Ingredients for satay:
- 600g chicken breasts
- 80ml apple cider
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 drops of Ginger Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Lemongrass Spice Drops
- 5 drops of Garlic Spice Drops
- Around 20 skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 4 tbsp olive oil for cooking
Ingredients for sauce:
- 120g roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp. apple cider
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 4 drops of Garlic Spice Drops
- 1 spring onion very finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes for garnish, optional
- Chopped coriander for garnish, optional
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts, not be more than 3 mm thick and 2 cm wide strips, thinner the better.
- In a bowl, mix the apple cider, lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, lemongrass, Ginger and Garlic Spice Drops together to make a marinade.
- Add the chicken breasts into the marinade and rub it onto each strip.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Take the marinated chicken and thread chicken strips through soaked skewers in a concertina pattern.
- Heat a large pan, over medium-high heat. When hot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place about half of the chicken skewers on the pan turning on each side for about 3 minutes. If working with thicker chicken strips, you'll want to cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Set the cooked chicken onto a plate to cool.
- Cook the rest the same way.
For the sauce, blend all the ingredients of the sauce together until smooth. Garnish with a few red pepper flakes and chopped coriander.
Enjoy the chicken with the dipping sauce.
mouth-watering to share?