Prawn Pulao Rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies
- 6 cloves of garlic
- I inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 3 drops Turmeric Spice Drops
- 6 drops of Tikka masala Spice Drops
- 2 drops of Cumin Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Cardamom Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Cinnamon Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Clove Spice Drops
- 125g chopped canned tomatoes
- 30g creamed coconut cut into pieces
- 400g peeled fresh prawns
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
For the Rice:
- 250g basmati rice, washed and soaked in cold water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 400ml warm water
Method for Rice
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Add oil to a pan on high flame. Add the cumin and let them splatter.
- Add the drained rice and stir and sauté for 2-3 minutes.Add the salt and water and bring to the boil. Cover the pan tightly and reduce the flame. Cook for 10 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Remove from heat and leave undisturbed for 10 minutes.
Method for cooking prawns
- Add the oil to a heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, fresh chillies, garlic, cloves and ginger. Stir and fry until they are soft but not brown.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and cook until the tomato juice thickens. Add the turmeric powder and mix well. Also add the creamed coconut and stir until dissolved.
- Now add the prawns, salt and coriander leaves. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add all the Spice Drops® and mix well.
- Stir in the vinegar and turn off the heat.
For mixing the prawns to the rice, transfer the rice into a large dish and add the spiced prawns. Gently fork through to mix well. The pulao can be reheated in the microwave if necessary.
mouth-watering to share?