Vermicelli Kheer (Vermicelli Pudding)
- 2 -3 nests of vermicelli noodles broken into
- small pieces
- 1 litre of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee or unsalted butter
- 1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 6 drops of Cardamom Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Saffron milk masala Spice Drops
- Almond flakes for garnishing
Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add the broken
vermicelli and sauté till it turns golden brown.
Pour in the milk and cook the vermicelli, stirring continuously till the milk starts to boil.
Reduce the heat.
Once the vermicelli becomes soft add the condensed milk and cook on low heat for 10
minutes, continuously stirring the mixture.
Turn off the heat and add the Spice Drops®. Mix well and serve warm. If the kheer seems
too thick add a bit of milk. Garnish with almond flakes.
mouth-watering to share?