Healthy Cherry Love Hearts Recipe
I created these sweet and healthy tiger nut hearts as a delightful treat specially for Valentines Day. With so many processed chocolate and sugary gifts at this time of year, I wanted to create something that’s a treat and nourishing too – healthy food doesn’t have to be boring!
These are easy to make and the recipe will also give you a glass of tiger nut milk which is delicious and nutritious. The mix of chocolate, juicy cherries and port give the hearts an indulgent Black Forest Gateaux taste but without the calories!
- ¾ large glass, or 115g Premium Peeled Tiger Nuts
- 1 glass or 250 mls water
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- 6 frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 generous tablespoon port or cherry brandy
- raw cacao powder for dusting
- Blend the tiger nuts, water and cinnamon until reduced to a pulp
- Strain using a nut milk bag or some muslin. You’ll now have some tiger nut milk to drink!
- Next process the pulp with the remaining ingredients until just mixed leaving some texture to the mix.
- Use a mould to form into heart shapes or alternatively shape into balls. If making balls there’s no need to freeze
- Pop into freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out and dust with raw cacao powder, or leave some plain and allow to thaw slightly before serving.
These will keep well in a fridge for up to 3 days.
Note: You might see the milk separate into liquid and solids, but don’t worry just give it a shake. Its caused by high level of resistant starch in the milk in this recipe.
#Food & Drink #Gluten free #clean eating #healthy #Special occasions & entertaining #sugar free #tiger nuts
mouth-watering to share?