Tiger Nut & Goji Berry Clean Caramel Fudge Cups
As a Yumbles Community Champion, I was delighted to be invited to try out some goodies from The Tiger Nut Company. What on earth ARE tiger nuts?! Rather ironically, they are not actually nuts; they are a starchy vegetable and can be eaten raw, cooked, soaked, used as a flour or to thicken things like smoothies and juices - so versatile!
Not only do they taste absolutely incredible - quite sweet, a bit like cashews - tiger nuts boast many health qualities, which includes being:
- Suitable for most food intolerances and allergies
- Paleo and vegan friendly
- Insanely high in Vitamin E (one 15g serving contains as much of the vitamin as six avocados!), an important anti-aging antioxidant
With the Premium Peeled Tiger Nuts from the range, I decided to incorporate them into these delicious, not-so-naughty clean fudge bites, packed with the crunchy tiger nuts plus goji berries, which work wonderfully well together. Topped with a raw chocolate, these would make an ideal Easter treat or simply if you’re craving chocolate (a healthier option!).
TIGER NUT & GOJI BERRY CARAMEL FUDGE CUPS
For the fudge -
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons date nectar (I used Beloved)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted½ teaspoon vanilla or salted caramel extractPinch of salt
- Large handful of The Tiger Nut Company tiger nuts
- Large handful of goji berries
For the raw chocolate topping -
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or coconut syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (I used Kaizen Living)
- First make the fudge layer: Stir the tahini, date nectar, melted coconut oil, extract and pinch of salt together so you have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Stir in the tiger nuts and goji berries so they are coated in the fudge sauce.Pour into 6 small silicone cupcake cases and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make the raw chocolate - simply melt the coconut oil and chosen syrup, remove from the heat and whisk in the cacao powder so you have a glossy mixture.
- Pour this over the frozen fudge cups - you only need a little to cover, then return to the freezer for at least another hour.
- When you’re ready to eat, simply pop out of the freezer 5 minutes beforehand and enjoy!
mouth-watering to share?