Sweet Matcha Oatmeal
Recently, I've jumped on the health food bandwagon and ventured into the world of matcha! I absolutely love it as matcha powder has a plethora of health benefits so it's defintely worth trying to work into your dietary lifestyle. It has been found to contain over 137x antioxidants of standard green tea, as well as a 'feel good' amino acid derivative called L-Theanine. It is also known to improve mental focus and awareness; boost your metabolism i.e. you can burn fat faster and easier); detoxify the body; and have anti-aging properties. What better reasons to try out this delicious, nutrient-dense recipe for breakfast!?
- 50g jumbo rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 250ml plant-based milk e.g. almond, coconut
- 2g Matcha Powder
- 1tsp moringa (can be omitted)
- Squeeze of liquid sweetener e.g. rice syrup, date syrup (to taste)
- Suggested toppings:
- Sliced fruit e.g. bananas, strawberries
- Dollop of peanut butter
- Square of vegan chocolate
- Tiger Nuts (products on your right!>)
- Combine all the ingredients for the matcha oatmeal in a pan until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Cook the oatmeal on a medium-low heat until the milk no longer separates from the oats, when stirring with a wooden spoon, and the desired consistency is reached. (Note: Some people like to add in the mashed banana after cooking but I do this before cooking; it’s completely up to you!)
- Carefully remove the oats from the hob and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the toppings/ wash the fruit.
- Pour the oatmeal into a breakfast bowl and and smooth out the top, using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with your desired toppings & ENJOY!
mouth-watering to share?