Roasted Red Pepper Pesto & "Pasta"
Servings: 4 people
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
4 courgettes (zucchini), spiralized
Handful basil leaves, chopped to garnish
For the Pesto:
4 red bell peppers, sliced into quarters
½ bunch basil leaves
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220C (430F).
2. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper and place the peppers so that the skin side is facing up. Gently flatten the peppers if needed.
3. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the skin has started to char and the flesh nice and moist.Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Place the cooled peppers into a blender or food processor with the basil. Blitz together until combined.
5. Add the ground almonds and blitz again until everything is combined.
6. Taste the sauce and then add olive oil and sea salt taste as required.
7. Add to spiralized courgette for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner option. You can have the courgette either raw or heated through.
mouth-watering to share?