Chocolate Orange Energy Bites
Servings: 18-20 bites
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Chilling Time: 20 minutes
175g (1 cup) dates
50g (1/2 cup) walnuts
50g (1/3 cup) almonds
1 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp orange extract
2 tbsp cacao powder
1. Blitz all the ingredients together to form a rough mixture. You are looking for grain like pieces but it should still have some bite.Taste and add more cacao powder for a more intense chocolate flavour if desired.
2. Place the mixture onto a small plate and flatten down; place into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
3. Place the remaining cacao powder onto a plate or shallow bowl. Set aside.
4. Line a baking tray or plate with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
5. Using your hands take a small section of the mixture and roll into a ball. Roll in the cacao powder, tap off any excess and place onto the baking tray. Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
6. If the energy bites need to firm up a little then place back into the freezer for another 10-15 minutes. Otherwise you can place in the fridge in an airtight container.
#Healthy Living #Gluten free #dairy-free #gluten-free #paleo #primal
mouth-watering to share?