Mini Strawberry Heart Cheesecakes with Peanut Butter Base
Wow your date this Valentine's day with these pretty pink mini strawberry cheesecakes with a peanut base.
75g pitted medjool dates
50g raw unsalted peanuts
30g That Protein Nutty Nutty Peanut Butter Super Protein
350g fresh and ripe strawberries
350g coconut cream*
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
*This is the solid bit from a can of coconut milk. Store your coconut milk in the fridge to help to separate the cream from the water.
1. Pulse the dates, peanuts and peanut protein powder in a food processor and blender until they form a dough. If you're using a bullet style blender you may need to stop and shake it to make sure that the ingredients stay in contact with the blade. Don't worry if there are still a few chunky bits of peanut, you just need the date to be blended with the protein powder so it will stick together and form the base.
2. Press the peanut base into the bottom of your cheesecake mould.
3. Prepare the strawberries by chopping off the top and any white bits - this will help to get a strong pink colour for the topping.
4. Clean your blender/food processor and add in the strawberries and coconut cream. Blend until smooth.Taste the mixture and add in 1-2 tbsp maple syrup if you would like it to be sweeter.
5. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the moulds. Place the moulds into the freezer for 1-3 hours. The time you leave them will depend on the size of your mould and how firm you want the topping to be. It's a bit of trial and error!
6. Take the cheesecakes out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before you serve them, otherwise the topping will be too hard for you to cut.
7. Serve with a drizzle of chocolate on top if desired.
Zero Waste ideas
- If you have more base than will fit in your moulds then you can roll it into energy balls.
- If you have extra strawberry topping, you can blend it again with some banana and more coconut milk to make a smoothie :) Store it in your fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Use the leftover coconut milk to make a smoothie or add it into a curry
- Freeze the tops of the strawberries and the white bits to add to a green smoothie.
#Recipes #Healthy Eating #vegetarian #vegan #cheesecake #dairy free #that protein #cruelty free #plant living #that protein nuttu nutty peanut butter #plant based life #peanut butter recipes #healthy cheesecake
mouth-watering to share?