5 Common Physical Signs for Identifying Stress
Stress, isn’t this one of the latest buzzword? The universal truth is that each and every individual is affected by stress in one way or the other. There are so many factors or reasons behind stress. To lead a healthy, peaceful and happy life, it is very much essential to get relieved of stress. To do so, stress has to be identified. What is stress? What are the ways to identify stress? Is identifying stress difficult? Let us get an answer to these questions by understanding the 5 physical signs of stress.
Stress - Emotional or Physical Strain:
When do we say we are stressed out? When we feel that everything is out of control or in other words, nothing seems to be under control, we say we are stressed out. Stress is our reaction to the outside pressure put on us.
According to Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory, following are the top 10 stressful life events:
- Spouse’s death
- Marriage separation
- Jail term
- Death of close relative
- Injury or illness
- Fired from job
- Marriage reconciliation
To get over stress, it first must be identified. There are some physical signs for identifying stress. What are those physical signs to identify stress?
Physical Signs to Identify Stress:
Each and every person reacts to stress in a different way. In some people, it may be evident that they are stressed; however, others may show only little signs of being stressed. There are people who may get panic or anxiety attacks because of stress. Some of the common physical signs to identify stress are included below; this may change according to your profession and personality. Here are some of the physical signs for identifying stress:
- Over eating or loss of appetite: Are you a person who in general eats well? Do you suddenly see a change in your appetite? This might be an indicator of stress. A normal healthy person may either overeat or eat less when stressed.
- Indigestion: This is one of the most common physical sign for identifying stress. When an individual starts to feel stressed out, tension starts to build up and end up producing more stress hormones. This leads to indigestion and pain in the intestinal walls of our stomach.
- Lack of sleep: You may experience fatigue or feel tired all of a sudden; this is yet another physical sign to identify stress. Even though feeling tired, you may not be able to get proper sleep. Find out how to get a good night’s sleep.
- Sweating: This physical sign for identifying stress would definitely be surprising to many of us; it is nothing but sweating. If you are sweating a lot even when not exercising or doing anything active, the reason could be stress. Some may experience sweaty palms and feet; this is also another indication for stress.
- Dry mouth: A recent research says that when a person is stressed, he/she breathes differently and this results in dry mouth. This is another indication or physical sign for identifying stress. Dry mouth if not treated properly may lead to cavities.
These are some of the common physical signs to identify stress. Few other physical signs include:
- No or less interest towards sex
- Elevated or high blood pressure
- Frequent colds
Start identifying the physical signs of stress and get relieved of stress. All the best for leading a happy, peaceful and stress-free life!
mouth-watering to share?