An Apple a Day: 7 Reasons to Eat More Green Apples
We all know the saying ‘An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away’. While that may not literally be true (we wish!), eating an apple a day can be a great way to get essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals into your body. Apples can also help suppress you appetite in between meals, so if you’re feeling hungry and edging for the crisps... try eating an apple first!
Here are 7 reasons to eat more green apples...
- High in Fibre: Apples are great for kickstarting your body and getting your digestive system working.
- Healthy Weight Management. Green apples are a low calorie snack that can make you feel less hungry and reduce your cravings.
- Minerals. Apples contain a variety of essential minerals: iron, zinc, potassium and more. These minerals are essential to general health and eating an apple can boost your intake.
- Vitamins. Apples contain vitamins A, C, D, E. All can help improve your immune system and contribute to healthy skin.
- Energy. Green apples are still low calorie, but they do contain carbohydrates. Great for a low calorie energy boost!
- Antioxidant. The main antioxidants in green apples - Flavonoid and Polyphenol - are great for cell rebuilding, helping to prevent DNA damage and maintain healthy skin.
- Diabetes. Experts have suggested that green apples can help keep diabetes under control by releasing the sugar into the bloodstream more slowly, compared to other fruit.
Convinced? Good! Not only do apples taste great, but they’re a really healthy snack.
mouth-watering to share?