Fresh peas are at their peak from May to November. If you're lucky enough to find them in your local farmers market (or even luckier - your back garden), seize the opportunity! Sweet, juicy and packed with flavour, here are a few ideas for what to do with fresh peas:
Pesto: Blitz shelled peas in a food processor with pine nuts, garlic, olive oil and parmesan. Delicious! Try your fresh pea pesto with linguine, on bruschetta or in a sandwich.
Soup: If you really do have a glut of fresh peas, there's no better place to show them off than in a fresh, homemade soup. Pea and mint soup and the famous pea and ham soup are among our favourites.
Pancakes: You read that correctly. Pea pancakes can make for a surprising breakfast treat. Cook the peas for a couple of minutes in boiling water, then drain, whizz up with the eggs and other ingredients and fry as usual. Top with chorizo and feta cheese for a savoury twist.
Salad: For a light summer salad packed full of healthy ingredients, try adding some fresh peas to crispy prosciutto, avocado, couscous, cucumber and a sprig of mint.
Pizza: It might sound mad, but peas on a pizza actually works. Try it and see for yourself!
Risotto: Make a pea stock by whizzing up fresh peas and vegetable stock to add to your risotto mix. Top with pea shoots and some garlic oil for the perfect light meal.
Found any other great uses for fresh peas? Let us know!
I'm Adam, a food-mad and outdoorsy blogger based in North Wales. I like to write about foods that are tasty AND healthy (I'm also prone to making obscure film references at every opportunity)! Join me and start talking about the food that you love.
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year or have less than 5 days left on your free-trial, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.
Cookies are disabled in your browser. Please enable cookies to create your basket.
Want it at a later date? Order in advance by selecting a future delivery date at checkout
To ensure that your food arrives as fresh as possible, you can schedule your order to be delivered closer to the date you need it by.
At checkout you will be able to choose between having your orders delivered ASAP or for a later date. It's as simple as that!
Note: all items from a seller are dispatched together in one delivery but you can select orders from different sellers to arrive at different times should you wish to do so.
If you really need something to be with you for a set date, we strongly recommend that you schedule it to arrive at least 1-2 days early. This ensures that even if there are any delays due to issues with delivery companies or other reasons, you can still receive your order in time.
At busy periods (e.g. Christmas) we recommend allowing a few more days as things do tend to get very hectic and more unpredictable for delivery companies.