Snact was started in 2013 by two lifelong friends whose ambition is to radically transform the global food system. After realising their common interest in food and passion for sustainability, Ilana and Michael set out on a journey to fight food waste the tasty way.
They began by collecting surplus fruit from London’s wholesale markets, and, armed with a dehydrator, making snacks by hand in a kitchen in Hackney, then selling them at markets and events across London, getting valuable feedback from a growing crowd of Snactivists.
In 2014 Snact raised nearly £15,000 via a successful Crowdfunder campaign. Snact partnered up with a family farm in Kent, Perry Court Farm, to tackle more surplus streams and save fruit by the tonne rather than the kilo, massively increasing our impact on the food system.
In September 2016 Snact achieved a big milestone by launching home compostable packaging - the first of its kind in the UK. Leaving plastic behind meant fulfilling a long-term goal to start tackling packaging waste as well as food waste.
Our ambition doesn’t stop here - we’re ready to take on new challenges within the food system and make our #deliciousprotest even bigger. Watch this space!
Snact has featured in the Guardian, The Huffington Post, Foodism, The Independent, Virgin Unite, The Daily Telegraph and Fast CoExist, and is followed on social media by over 9,000 Snactivists.
Snact has a range of fruit jerky snacks which are available in over 100 independent outlets across the UK including Planet Organic, Selfridges, As Nature Intended and Sourced Market, and a number of online stockists including Ocado.
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.
Just enter the promo code above at checkout and your discount will be applied automatically.