The Ultimate Japanese Cooking Kit
The Ultimate Japanese Cooking Kit
This kit is designed to deliver the essence of Japanese cuisine to your kitchen. Concentrated white dashi is the best stock you have ever tasted with a distinctly Japanese flavour, White Soy Sauce enhances almost any sauce or dish, providing a distinctive depth of flavour without overloading on salt or dark colours. If you don't know already you will soon find out white miso blesses everything it touches! Marinades, soups, dressings, rubs, dips and sauces all taste better after stirring in the sweet, fermented, umami flavour of white miso. Add in the umami rich Sanbaizu and classics: Yuzu Ponzu, Furikake and Okinawa Sugar and your taste buds will be alive with appreciation.
This Cooking Kit Incudes
- Concentrated White Dashi 300ml - Min Shelf life 6 Months
- White Soy Sauce 360ml - Shiro murasaki white soy sauce is distinguished by its pale colour which allows it to be used as a rich soy seasoning without darkening the colour of the dish in the same way as a traditional soy sauce. Use to seasons stocks, broths, noodles, braised vegetables, seasoned rice, stir-fries. Min Shelf life - 6 Months
- Sanbaizu Vinegar 300ml - High quality pure rice vinegar flavoured with fresh bonito soup stock and soy sauce. Ideally suited for marinating vegetables. Sambaizu is high quality vinegar mixed with fresh bonito soup stock and pure rice vinegar, honjozo shoyu (soy), amazake, hon mirin and kombu seaweed. Min Shelf Life 4 Months
- White Miso 500g - White miso is a sweeter, less salty miso that has been fermented over a shorter period for a lighter flavour. Excellent for a light miso soup this miso can also be used to marinate meat, fish and vegetables and can be added to any soup where a slightly sweetened umami flavour is called for. Pair with our Kombu for an excellent quality miso soup. Min Shelf Life - 6 months
- Furikake Umami with Soy Sauce 50g - Furikake is an everyday seasoning in Japan used on rice, noodles, potatoes, meat, fish, eggs, stocks and soups.
- Okinawa Black Sugar 300g - The black sugar pieces are made by mixing raw, unrefined sugar with molasses and very slightly refined brown sugar. This mix combines a mild sweetness with salty, bitter and acidic flavours of liquorice and molasses. Min Shelf life - 6 Months
Due to current unprecedented demand, some dispatch times may be delayed by one or two days
CHRISTMAS ORDERS If you are purchasing one of our fresh products as part of your order and would like us to deliver as close to Christmas as possible please write “Christmas order” in the special delivery instruction box during check out. We will then dispatch on the dates below to time the arrival for Christmas. Fresh products are: Wasabi rhizomes, Wasabi plants, Fresh citrusAll other (non-fresh) orders will be delivered according to standard delivery terms. Yuzu tree deliveries will not be held back (unless your order also contains one of the above “fresh products”) as we are unable to dispatch a high number on a given day due to space allocation with the delivery agent.
Dispatch dates for fresh produce: Standard delivery Monday, December 21st Last orders 11am, 21st Dec Express delivery UK Tuesday, December 22nd Last orders 11am, 22nd Dec Express delivery Europe Monday, December 21stLast orders 11am, 22nd Dec Please note – for Express delivery / European delivery DHL give a lead time of 1-2 days but this service is normally delivered next day
FRESH WASABI GIFT BOXALL ORDERS ARE PACKED AND SENT IN OUR GIFT BOX. SIMPLY PURCHASE THE ITEMS YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THE BOX AND WE WILL DO THE REST. The box will be sealed in a sleeve to keep it clean and sent without our branding to keep your secret. Full instructions are included in the box to allow you to open it, store any fresh produce and then re-box when you are ready to give your gift. The boxes are marked "open & refrigerate". Fresh wasabi will last two weeks in the fridge if the instructions inside the box are followed.
Orders are sent with DHL/UPS to arrive by courier and will require a signature - £6.95 Deliveries to all EU countries have a standard charge of £25. Some EU locations are classed as remote by our transport provider and these may incur a further charge.
Additional delivery instructions can be entered during checkout, here you can nominate a safe place as an alternative delivery point. We cannot guarantee the courier will follow these instructions! We therefore recommend you send to an address where somebody will be there to receive it. If you require further clarification or have a special request please email email@example.com
Concentrated White Dashi - Soy sauce (soy, wheat, salt), salt, sugar, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins (soy), dried skipjack, sake, dried mackerel, kombu algae extract, yeast extract, flavour enhancer E621, cane sugar alcohol.
White Soy Sauce - wheat, sea salt, soybeans, alcohol of cane sugar, flavour enhancer E621, acidifier E270, water, aspergillus kôji tracks.
Sanbaizu Rice vinegar, - honjozo shoyu (soy sauce: soya beans & wheat), amazake, natural fStore in a cool, dark place. Refrigerate once open.
Furikake with Ariake Nori and Sesame - : 65.60% roasted white sesame, arare = roasted glutinous rice, 10.45% Ariake nori (porphyra yezoensis), sea salt, kombu (laminaria ochotensis, saccharina japonica, laminaria angustata), dried bonito (fish) chips, sugar, yeast extract, soy sauce (soy, wheat, salt, alcohol)
Yuzu Ponzu - Yuzu (citrus) juice, honjozo shoyu (soy sauce, including soya bean and wheat), hon mirin, fermented seasoning (rice), kombu seaweed, dried bonito (fish) flakes, amazake, plum.
Okinawa Sugar - unrefined sugar, molasses, refined brown sugar.
Not currently available for this location.