From humble beginnings in a converted cowshed in rural Essex, to their home at London's celebrated Borough Market, McLaren's have transformed the traditional Christmas Pudding into a dessert of gastronomic luxury - enjoyed by children, cynics and aficionados alike!
For those that don’t like Christmas pudding, try this one!
Suitable for vegetarians.
“Just had to email, about your fantastic, delicious pudding, I purchased from Borough market! I have tried puddings from all over, made my own, Harrods, Fortnum and Masons, M&S etc, but non can match yours. So light and full of gorgeous flavours. I will most certainly purchase again. I only wish I had bought 2 this year! Just 7mins in the microwave, so easy! I really did wonder if it would be ok in that time! But it certainly was!My Best wishes to you and your Staff, for New Year. I will be looking out for more of your products.Regards, ”— Lynda Croft
“I went along the next day and bought four of those McLaren Christmas Puddings -because my family name is also McLaren -perfect pressies for the sibbies!”— Delia
“Just finished the last of your truly delicious Christmas pudding. Thank you. It is by far the best I have ever tasted. Compliments to the cook. Have a very happy New Year and will definitely be visiting your stall at the Borough Market next Christmas.Yours sincerely,”— Jane fisher
“McLaren’s Christmas Pudding is the best we’ve eaten in 40 years in London!Would not have any other!!The carrot cake is perfect, also - and I am an American who knows carrot cake!”— Joan Ewan
“Bought your Christmas pudding at Borough market on a recent visit to London. Have to say it was the best Pudding I have ever had. Even my husband (who hates Christmas pudding was a convert!). It was the first year ever that all of it was eaten. Thank you! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. - Elaine
”“We walk from Clapham across Battersea Park every year on what we call our ‘Great Pudding Walk’, especially for your Christmas Pudding! The dog loves his annual trek as well!”— Frankie Powell & Sally Marshall
“@xmaspudding What an amazing Christmas pud! TY for making our Christmas lunch that bit more special! We’ll be back next year! ”— Twitter
“The best Christmas Pudding of all time!”— David Taylor
“@xmaspudding just started our Christmas pudding - the tastiest, lightest, most delicious, BEST Christmas pudding we have EVER had - love it”— Twitter
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.