5 Life-Changing Benefits of Green Juice
Since becoming a daily juicing junky, I've had bags more energy, better skin...and healthier digestion too. I start every morning with a Hippocrates Green Juice (sunflower sprouts, pea sprouts, cucumber and celery), freshly made with my Omega 8226 juicer. It's an amazing gift to myself, and I firmly believe everyone (vegan or not) should start their day this way! Here's why:
5 life-changing benefits of green juice:
- Green juice makes it easy to consume far more fruits and vegetables than you could physically consume at one sitting. I mean, could you sit there and eat half a head of celery, a whole cucumber, two huge handfuls of sprouts and about 4 square inches of grass every morning?! Neither could I. But that’s what I have, in juice form, every morning. And if I miss it? Boy, do I notice.
- By taking your fruit and veg in juice form, you’re giving your digestive system a well-earned rest. A juicer separates the soluble fibre from the insoluble fibre, expelling the insoluble fibre as a pulp. This enables the body to by-pass the digestive system, going directly into the bloodstream from the stomach. Not only does this mean fewer nutrients are lost in the digestive process, but your body will receive a near-instant energising vitamin/mineral hit.
- By starting your day with green juice, you're preparing yourself an amazing gift every day. The real beauty of it is that you know EXACTLY what went into it. And within minutes, you’re consuming it. Don't under-estimate the value of taking care of yourself like this!
- Drinking green juice daily will slowly but surely alter your palate. Many people find that regular juicing diminishes/completely eradicates cravings for unhealthy foods such as alcohol, processed confectionery and acidic foods like vinegar.
- If you have kids, you'll be giving your family a treat! If you struggle to get vegetables and fruit into your children, green juice is the way forward. Get the balance right, and they’ll never guess that they’re lapping up a concoction containing kale and spinach!
If you've been thinking about getting into green juice but not quite sure it's worth all the effort, I strongly recommend you give it a try. I'm not going to lie - it's a more time consuming way to start your day than just throwing some muesli in a bowl or couple of slices of bread into the toaster! But it's a real investment in yourself and your health.
What do you think - will you give green juice a go? This post is taken from an extract of my eBook - Going Plant-Based, A Beginners Guide. If you'd like to find out more about juicing, including which juicers I recommend and how to grow your own sprouts - you can download a free copy from my website.
mouth-watering to share?