African & Middle Eastern Spice Tin with 9 Spices / Spice Blends and Handmade Silk Cover
We are very pleased to launch a new spice tin in collaboration with Tom Perkins, author of Spices and Spandex. Tom rode a bike from London to South Africa with his friend Matt, a journey that took him 501 days in total. As Tom puts it the boys travelled "at street level, focusing on the local; the backstreets, the vendors and the artisans". His book has over 350 pages of menus, recipes, essays, photos, collages with a diverse spectrum of recipes from Europe and Africa using a wide array of spices.
We were really pleased to be introduced to Tom some months back and we have been scouring planet earth to find the highest quality suppliers for a new range of spices and spice blends, some of which may be new to you!
- 19 cm Spice Tin with Ribbed Lid
- 9 Spices
- Handmade Silk Cover
- 7 separate removable spice pots
- Small metal spoon
- Outer lid to seal the tin
Ideal as a gift
Regular spice refills available
All spices will come in its own individually packed and sealed bag to retain goodness and freshness, and avoid spillage during transit
Postage - postage is free and will be delivered by courier (will take between 3-5 days, if you require it quicker please ask.
Each order contains these 9 high quality spices and spice blends:
- Fenugreek: with hints of toasted maple, this adds both sweet and delicately bitter notes to stews and curries. Common throughout kitchens of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Baharat: a rich, earthy Middle Eastern Spice mix combining allspice, black peppercorns, cardamon, cassia, cloves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and paprika. Great to rub into meat as a marinade, especially lamb and chicken.
- Berbere: one of the building blocks of Ethiopian Cuisine, combining dried red chilli, garlic, ginger, basil, cumin, nigella, caraway and fenugreek. Gives an amazing kick to stews and as a meat rub.
- Ras el Hanout: a deep, warming spice mix used throughout North Africa, combining cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, turmeric and cardamon. Perfect to give depth to tagines.
- Sumac: a beautifully tangy, vibrant spice with amazingly fresh citrus notes. Very versatile, can be used to garnish salads, hummus, or as a rub for meat and works brilliantly with fish.
- Za'atar: the King of Middle Eastern spice mixes. A fragrant combination of oregano, marjarom, sumac, salt and sesame seeds.
- Harissa: a fiery North African chilli mix with dried red chilli, garlic, coriander, paprika and caraway. Great mixed with olive oil to make dressings for salads and cous cous or as a marinade for meat.
- Aleppo Biber: grown in Syria and Turkey, these dried chilli flakes add a hint of cherry like fruitiness to dressings and marinades. Mild heat, slight saltiness.
- Urfa Biber: a dried Turkish pepper with a deep raisin, smokey flavour. Fantastic to rub into lamb or sprinkle over hummus.
This product is eligible for
free Economy delivery.
|Economy delivery||2 to 4 working days|
Not currently available for this location.
Disclaimer: All product information is specified directly by the Maker. Yumbles assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. If you believe any information might be inaccurate please report it to us.