Easter 2017: I was sat in my kitchen and my kids Sophie, 11, and Lucy, 9, (right) had massive smiles on their faces because they were surrounded by (literally) mountains of Easter Eggs that had been purchased by various well-meaning relatives.
However, knowing that none of the family do well with either sugar or dairy, I searched the internet to find a healthier chocolate brand that we could all enjoy. Despite multiple purchases over the coming days (costing a small fortune),
I really struggled to find what I was looking for. Some brands were dairy free but 50% sugar! Others were sugar-free but tasted terrible. So I decided to see if I could come up with my own recipe.
I purchased ingredients and started making my own homemade mess! I came up with a very basic recipe, but the kids really liked it, and so did their friends. Once I had made a few batches – I was bitten by the bug, and so started to look for any experts who could help me make an even better recipe. With the advice from an international chocolatier, I started running multiple experiments in my kitchen, and it took literally months of trials and testing using various bits of equipment that I purchased.
However, I was about to give up when one of the recipes produced a delicious result. I suddenly realised I had something that I could turn into a business. Pure Heavenly was born!
The recipe is 100% vegan, plant-based, and totally FREE from dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, and GMO ingredients. It is also free of palm oil, so is better for the environment.
It also has a very low sugar content (2% versus up to 55% in other chocolate brands which equates to 11 teaspoons!!).
Are all calories the same? We say no! Our calories come from fat from our cocoa butter. We believe calories from sugar are far more of an issue. Healthy Fats makes you satiated quickly, feeds your brain and thus you do not ‘crave’ more, whereas sugar makes you want to eat more and more, which is why there is such a big push to reduce sugar intake.
We hope you love our products as much as we do!
Stephen Conway, Founder, Heavenly Chocolate
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.