Heavenly Hedgerows was born of a love of foraging for wild food, inspired by a free-range New Zealand childhood and the delights of the West Country's bountiful seasons. They produce award-winning gourmet jellies, jams and liqueurs, mostly from hand-picked local wild berries and flowers. These key ingredients are then taken back to their farmhouse kitchen, prepared and bottled in small batches.
Heavenly Hedgerows are passionate about good quality, locally produced, food. When they’re not in the kitchen or out berry picking, Heavenly Hedgerows can be found giving wild walks, talks and cookery classes.
"When it comes to wild plants that are tasty and worthwhile I can think of no better guide than Chris. Her passion , knowledge and enthusiasm for all really useful wild treats is immense and all this is delivered in such a light hearted, casual and un-intimidating way that you cant help but fall in love with the world of Heavenly Hedgerows as seen through her eyes. The raw produce, once sustainably collected, is turned into the most delightful collection of preserves and liqueurs which I never tire of sampling. Chris is an excellent cook, an expert forager and a natural tutor. It's as simple as that." Quote from Tim Maddams - www.greensauce.co.uk Kamil Oseka, Head Chef, The Pig Hotel nr Bath - on our Seville Orange Marmalade "Chris Westgate, who makes this, lives just minutes away and she supplies us with a range of produce from jams to honey. We've offered her hand-cut Seville Orange Marmalade at the hotel breakfast table since we opened. I love it because it's less sweet than other marmalades. I also cook with it. I add a dash to the oil, vinegar and mustard dressing that I use to finish our smoked duck salad - it gives it a sweetness and slight taste of orange. I also make it into a dessert jelly that I serve with thyme ice cream".
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.