Spiced Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a marmite-type side for Christmas, people love them or hate them and they seem to turn people away before they even try them. Adding drops of our highly concentrated spice extracts enhance the flavour and appeal of this not-so-loved veg. If you don't have all the Spice Drops then you can add the fresh ingredients but you will need to use more as they aren't as strong than Spice Drops.
Apart from the ever so small amount of butter we've included here for softness and flavour, this Spiced Brussels Sprouts recipe is a healthy, nutrient-rich dish full of antixoxidants - helpful for clearing away any Winter colds.
- 500g brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and finely shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 drops of Ginger Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Garlic Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Turmeric Spice Drops
- 4 drops of Cumin Spice Drops
- 2-3 drops of Chilli Spice drops
- ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- A handful of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Stir in the brussels sprouts and add the salt, pepper, ground coriander seeds and about 2 tbsps of water. Stir in the brussel sprouts and cook for about 10 minutes on low flame. Stir occasionally until the brussels sprouts are just tender but have a bit of a bite, Garnish with cranberries and chopped coriander leaves (optional). Another option is to add some roasted coconut pieces as garnish.
A Christmas dinner accompaniment with a difference!
- Heat a large non-stick pan and when smoking add the cooking oil
- Add the cumin seeds and lower the heat so that they don’t burn
- Add the onions and fry on low heat till lightly brown
- Stir in the brussels sprouts and add the salt, pepper, ground coriander seeds and about 2 tbsps of water
- Cook for about 10 minutes on low flame
- Stir occasionally until the brussels sprouts are just tender but have a bit of a bite
- Stir in all the Spice Drops and butter and check for seasoning.
- Garnish with cranberries and chopped coriander leaves. Alternately garish with roasted coconut flakes.
A Christmas dinner accompaniment with a kick!
#Food & Drink #spices #vegetarian #Recipes & Meal Ideas #spice drops #brussels sprouts
mouth-watering to share?