Marshmallow Palmier Biscuits
Light, flaky, crunchy Palmier biscuits are a deceptively easy treat and super quick to prepare, especially when made with store bought pastry. Cheats, us?! With the addition of gourmet marshmallows, these little biscuits just got even better. Think crunchy, caramelized sugar on the outside, with the satisfying chewiness of molten marshmallows tucked inside the flaky folds of pastry.
Try coconut marshmallows with an extra sprinkling of toasted coconut inside for an exotic hint of flavour to complement the caramel notes, or add a pink touch with raspberry flavoured mallows.
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry (350g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 100g marshmallows cut into small cubes
- 25g toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Roll out pastry into a large rectangle, and sprinkle sugar evenly over the surface of one side.
- Carefully turn the sheet of pastry over, and scatter marshmallows over evenly. Sprinkle coconut over them if required.
- Fold the sheet of pastry in half, from each side. Then fold each half again towards the middle. Close up both folded sides in towards each other, like a book.
- Press down firmly to ensure marshmallows are evenly distributed. Slice the roll of pastry carefully into ¼” slices and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until they puff up and turn golden. As the sugar and marshmallows will caramelise – keep a close watch on them for the last few minutes of baking, to prevent the sugar from burning.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container (if you can bring yourself to keep them, that is!)
We love these marshmallow palmier biscuits, and just know you will do too. Drop us a line if you decide to give them a try, we'd love to hear from you!
mouth-watering to share?