It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... and chestnuts are quintessentially Christmas. They are a versatile and flavourful storecupboard ingredient at this time of year; with a high starch and water content but low protein and fat levels and are equally at home in sweet or savoury recipes. Full of fibre and healthy fats, chestnuts don't contain gluten and are rich in vitamin C and high in complex carbohydrates, so are digested slower than simple ones and help keep energy levels constant. Pregnant women can also benefit from them as they contain folate (folic acid).
2/3 cups chesnuts (fresh or dried)
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 red pepper (cut into strips)
1 yellow pepper (cut into strips)
1 cup snow peas
1 cup tender-stem brocolli
1 cup baby carrots
1 cup baby sweetcorn
sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
For the sauce:
dash of tamari
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lime squeezed
1 tsp ginger
Chop the chestnuts into quarters.
In a wok or deep pan, saute with the garlic in coconut oil until golden.
Add in all the vegetables and increase the heat.
Stir fry until vegetables are barely tender.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
Transfer the stir fried vegetables and chestnuts to a plate and add a dash of tamari; drizzle over the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.
Wife and Mum to two children. Passionate about healthy-eating and well-being for women. Pilates and yoga enthusiast. Totally addicted to rooibos tea and I love to fuel my creative flair through food-styling.
The Food Explorers Club (FEC) is a membership club operated by Yumbles Media Ltd and gives all members great benefits when shopping on Yumbles.com.
- Member benefits: we are continuously looking to improve benefits to FEC members and as a result, the benefits offered might change from time to time. We will always make an up-to-date list of benefits available to everyone through Yumbles.com. At the time of writing benefits include free delivery on 100s of products and exclusive discounts.
- Billing: due to the really low monthly membership price and the nature of the benefits, FEC subscription is billed and paid yearly. This enables us to plan ahead and ensure that we can offer the best range of benefits available to all members. The membership fee will be automatically charged to your card every 12 months.
a. Within the first 25 days: you can cancel your FEC membership during the first month without paying anything, assuming you have not already taken advantage of any FEC benefits like free or discounted shipping, FEC discounts etc. If you have saved as a result of your FEC membership, then the savings will have to be paid back to Yumbles by charging your card on file. No membership fees will be paid.
b. After the first 25 days: If you have already paid for the first year, you can still cancel your membership but a membership fee will be due for every full of partial month that have passed and any savings you made will have to be paid back. A cancellation fee of £5 will also have to be paid that goes towards covering the manual effort needed to process refunds. If you wish to simply not renew your membership for the next year, no cancellation fee will be due.
- Renewal: If you don't cancel your membership, your membership will automatically renew for the next year and your card will be charged. Please make sure to cancel your membership from your Yumbles account or notify us if you wish to cancel as reminders will not be sent out.
- Membership price changes and other changes: from time to time we might review the membership pricing. We will always notify you of any changes in pricing and you will always have the option of cancelling. We will also notify you about any other major changes to the plan that might be made from time to time. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any memberships at our discretion.
Subscribe and Save is a great way to receive your favourite products on a regular basis, without the hassle of re-ordering, and get a 10% discount over the regular price*.
Creating a subscription is dead-easy and you can cancel your subscription or decide to skip a month online any time of the day. Subscriptions can be cancelled as long as at least 2 weeks pass from the dispatch date of your first order - this is to give you the chance to taste the products before deciding and to ensure that the discount is only enjoyed by those that are genuinely intending on receiving a product on a regular basis.
We're sure you'll agree that this is a good way of not having to require a minimum number of orders, which would be less flexible - we understand that at times, you might decide that a product is not for you once you've tried it. If you decide that you no longer want to receive a product on a regular basis, please make sure to cancel before the next renewal day; once your card is charged the product will be on its way to you and any cancellation will come into effect from the next cycle.
* Occasionally, food makers might have to make small changes to their product prices for various reasons. You will always be charged the current price of the product, whether it's a bit lower or higher than the price on the day you first subscribed.
Cookies are disabled in your browser. Please enable cookies to create your basket.
To ensure that your food arrives as fresh as possible, you can schedule your order to be delivered closer to the date you need it by.
At checkout you will be able to choose between having your orders delivered ASAP or for a later date. It's as simple as that!
Note: all items from a seller are dispatched together in one delivery but you can select orders from different sellers to arrive at different times should you wish to do so.
If you really need something to be with you for a set date, we strongly recommend that you schedule it to arrive at least 1-2 days early. This ensures that even if there are any delays due to issues with delivery companies or other reasons, you can still receive your order in time.
At busy periods (e.g. Christmas) we recommend allowing a few more days as things do tend to get very hectic and more unpredictable for delivery companies.