Tamari & Turmeric Sautéed Veg and Cannelini Beans
This meal is so simple and nutritious. I love meals where you can whack everything in a pan and still end up with a tasty end product that does you good. This warming dish is plant based and contains a great mix of carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein, which comes from the beans.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 10 closed cup mushrooms
- 1 bag spinach
- 400g tin cannelini beans
- 3-4 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 250g bag of Tilda brown basmati garden veg & quinoa wholegrain rice
Enough brown rice/buckwheat/quinoa for two servings
Optional to serve: tahini
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil, until melted.
- Wash, chop and add the mushrooms and spring onions into the pan and sautè them for around 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and add the cannelini beans into the pan, then add the turmeric and tamari. Allow this to cook for a further 10-15 minutes; making sure the beans are cooked through.
- Add the (cooked) rice/buckwheat to the pan and stir in well
- Finally add the spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Share between two seperate bowls and serve with some greens. Top with a drizzle of tahini for a perfect finish.
Turmeric is such an amazing spice to incorporate into your diet, due to it’s incredible anti-flammatory properties. It also contains large amounts of manganese, iron and vitamin B6. I’ve noticed talk of turmeric’s health benefits for quite a while now and am trying to think of ways to incorporate more into my diet.
What's your favourite way to use turmeric?
mouth-watering to share?