Cinnamon Rolls With Vanilla Icing
A festive treat great for desserts, snacks and to bake a batch when having guests round, cinnamon rolls or swirls are always a winner. They're super easy to make and extremely satisfying, especially when eaten warm straight from the oven (after cooling slightly, of course).
All you need to make them even more tasty and stress-free, is cinnamon and vanilla flavoured spice drops. A couple of squeezes of concentrated spice extracts is the key to these juicy, baked goodies.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients: (Makes 16)
1 roll of puffed pastry
For the filling:
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g packed Demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened chocolate powder
- 8 drops of Holy Lama Cinnamon Spice drops
For the frosting
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 100g icing (confectioners) sugar
- 6 drops of Holy Lama vanilla Spice Drops
- In a small bowl, take the sugar, Cinnamon Spice Drops and butter and mix well
- Open out the chilled pastry on a flat surface and spread the filling on the pastry, evenly
- Start rolling up the pastry from the two short sides, simultaneously, until they meet in the middle, like a scroll
- Cut the roll into 16 slices
- Pinch the ‘v’ part of the cut pieces to given them a heart shape
- Place onto a lined (or greased) baking tray
- Bake at 220ºC for 20 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden brown
- Allow to cool
- For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth
- Drizzle over or use a piping bag to decorate the baked hearts
- Dust over with some cocoa powder
These are best fresh, if enjoying them the next day, warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
mouth-watering to share?