Coconut Flour Banana Bread
This banana bread recipe is gluten-free as it uses coconut flour rather than regular wheat flour and no refined sugar. The raw honey or maple syrup can be omitted as the ripe bananas should be able to provide enough natural sweetness. Of course, removing the raw honey will also make this recipe vegan friendly! The cacao nibs can be replaced with chocolate chips which will melt in to the loaf. I found the cacao nibs didn’t melt in but I wanted to make the recipe as clean as possible.
- 3 ripe bananas [the more brown spot the better!]
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup [optional]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup rawCo coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease – we used rawCo coconut oil
- Mash the bananas with a folk.
- In the bowl combine the bananas, raw honey, vanilla and almond butter. Mix until the ingredient are well combined, smooth and creamy. This can either be done using an electric whisk of a manual whisk and some elbow grease!
- Add in eggs, one at a time and mix until combined.
- Next add in coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix again until just combined. Gently fold in cacao nibs.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until tester inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes, then carefully remove bread from pan and place back on wire rack to cool completely.
Why not visit our Yumbes shop where you’ll find coconut flour, extra virgin coconut oil and coconut amino sauce.
mouth-watering to share?